Achieved to Date:
- Level 2 Award in Skilled Helping and Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Gym Instructor Certificate
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Level 3 Personal Training Awards in Outdoor Fitness, Indoor Cycling and Sports Conditioning
- Level 4 Personal Training Certificates in Life Coaching and Obesity & Diabetes Management
- Nutrition Coaching Certificate
- Financial Coaching Certificate
- Wellness Coaching Certificate
- Motivational Interviewing Certificate
- BSc (Hons) Psychology (due to complete June 2021). Includes modules in Sport and Exercise Psychology.
- Transformational Talking Therapies Level 5 Masters Certification (due to complete December 2020) Includes Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Life Coaching, Hypnotherapy and Bilateral Eye Movement Therapy.
- Motivational Interviewing Refresher Course
Also from my previous career:
- BA (Open)
- Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership
- Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership
Professional Body Memberships
I am a Fellow Member of the ACCPH, an independent professional body and register for counsellors, coaches, psychotherapists and hypnotherapists. I am also a member of the Association for Coaching and The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity, having completed Personal Training Qualifications up to L4 including Life Coaching and Obesity and Diabetes Management. So you can be assured of a high quality service working within safe and ethical frameworks. I have also retained Chartered Fellow Status with the Chartered Management Institute from my former employment in the NHS, as I still do part time management work, and there is much cross-over in the skills and knowledge required. I can also be found on the Life Coaching Directory.
I am also a Precision Nutrition Certified Coach, a Wise Monkey Financial Coaching Certified Coach, have completed Motivational Interviewing training with the founders Miller and Rollnick, and have a L2 Counselling Skills certificate. Furthermore, I am two thirds of the way through a Psychology Degree and am studying for a Level 5 Talking Therapies diploma incorporating Hypnotherapy and Neuro-Linguistic Programming, and continually strive to improve my knowledge and my coaching practice.
I also undertake regular clinical 1:1 and group supervision to ensure I am continually reflecting and learning.
While I have completed Association for Nutrition (AfN) certified courses I am not a nutritionist or registered dietitian and my services do not include the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. I also offer financial coaching but I am NOT, and nor do I claim to be, a Financial Advisor. Neither am I a Psychologist or a counsellor.
All advice given and recommendations made are to support the development and maintenance of good behavioural habits and a healthy lifestyle, using evidence-based, trusted resources.
I receive regular 1:1 and group supervision and support to enhance my practice and personal development to ensure I continue to deliver a high quality, effective service.
I will refer or signpost clients on to other services for any issues as appropriate that are beyond my scope of practice.
All clients with active medical conditions must seek GP approval before working with me.
I regret I am unable to take on clients with uncontrolled or unstable medical conditions including those relating to mental health.